Actual questions asked of National Park Rangers
(From the May 1995 issue of Outside; sent to me by Karyen Chu)
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK:
- Was this man made?
- Do you light it up at night?
- Is the mule train air conditioned?
- So where are the faces of the presidents?
MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK:
- Are the alligators real?
- Are the baby alligators for sale?
- Where are all the rides?
- What time does the 2 o'clock bus leave?
CARLSBAD CAVERNS NATIONAL PARK:
- Did people build this, or did Indians?
- Why did they build the ruins so close to the road?
- Do you know of any undiscovered ruins?
- What did they worship in the kivas - their own made up religion?
- Why did the Indians decide to live in Colorado?
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK:
- How much of the cave is underground?
- So what's in the unexplored part of the cave?
- So what is this - just a hole in the ground?
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK:
- Where are the cages for the animals?
- What time of year do they turn on Yosemite Falls?
- What happened to the other half of Half Dome?
DENALI NATIONAL PARK:
- Does Old Faithful erupt at night?
- How do you turn it on?
- When does the guy who turns it on get to sleep?
- We had no trouble finding the park entrance but where are
- What's so wonderful about Wonder Lake?
- How much does Mount McKinley weigh?
- What time do you feed the bears?
- How often do you mow the tundra?